The Watertown Housing Authority is led by a dedicated five-member Board of Commissioners. Board members approve all significant policy rulings, major contract awards, budget decisions, and many other important matters. Together with the Executive Director and staff, the Watertown Housing Authority currently administers and manages 566 State Public Housing Units, 23 689-Special Needs Housing units, and 210 Housing Choice Vouchers.
The Watertown Housing Authority is committed to maintaining our facilities and properties for our residents. With over 180,000 households on the Common Housing Application for Massachusetts Programs (CHAMP) waitlist, and 100,000 on the Section 8 Centralized Waiting List in Massachusetts, our staff is devoted to assisting the town, state, and national governments in identifying and addressing housing needs. We seek to ensure that every person in Greater Boston will always have a place to call home. The Watertown Housing Authority is devoted to supporting the stability of our residents by establishment of educational, employment, and social service counseling and assistance. Our mission is to foster self-sufficiency and independent living.
The Watertown Housing Authority main office will be open to the public from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. WHA staff will continue to be available by appointment outside of this timeframe & maintenance remains 24/7.
It is the mission of the Watertown Housing Authority to:
- Provide affordable, decent, safe and sanitary housing through the maintenance of our existing units.
- Create an environment which enables residents to live responsibly and with dignity.
- Honor public commitments in a fiscally and ethically responsible manner.
- Create and maintain public confidence in the Authority’s operations and staff.
- Ensure that the facilities owned and managed by the Watertown Housing Authority are marketable in the community and are appealing to the residents.
- Enable the Watertown Housing Authority staff to improve their performance through appropriate vision, training, and career development.
- Establish performance goals that meet or exceed industry standards and that optimize the use of available resources to achieve our performance objectives.
- Assist the town, state, and national governments in identifying and addressing housing needs.
Calendar of Events
Watertown Housing Authority
55 Waverley Avenue
Watertown, MA 02472
Emergency Service Number:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Monday and Friday: by appointment
Summer hours begin in late May and end in early September.
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. Friday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.