Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I apply for Housing Programs?

You can pick up an application for housing at the Watertown Housing Authority main office, 55 Waverley Ave Watertown MA, 02472.  You may also call our office and request one to be mailed to you. Or apply online at

Public Housing Applications: https://publichousingapplication.ocd.state.ma.us/

Leased Housing: https://www.gosection8.com/

How long is the wait list for housing?

The wait on each list varies, it is impossible to give an exact estimated amount of time. You are always welcome to speak with our Tenant Selection Coordinator at the time of your application submittal for a more accurate time frame.

What are your hours of operation?

Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

Summer hours begin in late May and end in early September they are as follows:

Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM  – 4:30 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM

When is the rent due?

Rent is due the first of the month.

Whom do I call with a maintenance problem?

Contact the maintenance office:

Regular Business Hours: 617-923-3961

24 – Hour Emergency Phone Number: 617-923-3950

The Watertown Housing Authority Maintenance Department is required to prioritize all work items and address them according to the date received and order of importance based on the following guidelines:

1)     Emergencies

2)     Grounds Maintenance

3)     Vacancy Prep.

4)     Routine Work Orders

5)    Special Projects

What are the WHA maintenance procedures and charges?
Please click HERE to view all WHA maintenance procedures and charges.
How do I submit a public records request?
All public records requests must be submitted in writing to our Public Record’s Officer:

Dianne Santiago

Watertown Housing Authority

55 Waverley Avenue
Watertown, MA 02472
Phone: 617-923-3950
Fax: 617-923-2466

Emergency Service Number:
617-923-3950 (24/7)

Office Hours:

Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

Beginning September 9, 2020 the main office will be open to the public by appointment only. 

Maintenance Staff Hours:

Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

Summer Hours:

Summer hours begin in late May and end in early September.

Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Friday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.